Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Years Resolutions, Getting In Shape, and More

Hello all, My posts are going to change for a while. As furtherance to my New Years Resolution, and perhaps to work as extra motivation, I decided to up the ante this year and make my goal one of running a Triathlon. I have not picked a race yet, and the distances are largely unimportant to me. I gave up smoking for good this year. In addition, I have severely cut back on my consumption of caffeine and carbonated beverages.
I have begun a diet which along with my cardio, swimming and strength training program, should help me get to a target weight of around 145lbs. Now I am not Clydesdale, I am only about 5'101/2" so 145 is not as bad as it sounds. I have a cycling background so I am really trying to work on my swimming and endurance. I plan on leaving posts here for you all to chart my progress along with me.

No comments:

Campaign for Liberty

Creative Commons License